5.24.2012

2 stools in 2 days (sort of)

Darrick Rasmussen furniture
Ash, Danish Cord, wax finish.

A few things: 1. We've been talking a lot about toying with production time on pieces of furniture, which turns into the idea of varied price points and overall enjoyment of the process sometimes too 2. We need some seating in our studio as the hunched over coffee-table dining has gotten old & 3. Eric Trine's recent interview also encouraged me to try my hand at a quick project (something I don't usually do during the school year and was excited to break free from in many ways). The chair was finished and I had 2 days of shop time left, which automatically provided the time parameter and dictated the design completely. With the Danish cord weaving, I clocked out at 3 days to complete both stools. They turned out lightweight, comfortable, clean and I could easily reproduce them at an affordable price. Overall, I am happy with these! There are some parts I hope to refine in the shaping and proportions, but I certainly met the goal to turn out affordable handmade furniture- D.  


Darrick Rasmussen furniture

Darrick Rasmussen furniture

Darrick Rasmussen furniture

Darrick Rasmussen furniture

1 comment:

Rick Fee said...

Great work. I really like the weaving.
And the fact you were able turn them out in three days is awesome.