3.01.2012

Women On the Land. Trailer


Darrick and I reserved seats for a screening of a local Mendocino film, Carmen Goodyear and Laurie York's project called Women On the Land: Creating Conscious Community. We perk up at titles like this anyways, but especially when you receive an announcement from one of the women involved with the film and deeply embedded in this community for many years, Marty Johnson- a woman who showed me how to can for the winter and make goat cheese.  
I have never known such an intact community which I attribute solely to my city-dominant upbringing. Sustainable this, eco-that, by hand, back to the land: all that is becoming fashionable now with the younger generation needs to pay homage to our older teachers. THESE WOMEN ARE THE REAL DEAL!
Donate to their kickstarter campaign now!

No comments: