2.02.2012

EARTH via Mudchicken

Earth quarterly
 I recently reached out to Mudchicken [Vincent Pacheco], the Seattle based artist I came across perusing the international art collective WAFA's website [more about WAFA below]. I read an interview he did that made me clap inside; clap for young artists making their own way under today's circumstances, clap for people recognizing dreams and in turn taking risks, clap for people naming themselves Mudchicken and clap for the fact that I wasn't the only one sensing a massive shift in the creative culture of people like us- youngish dreamers making things. Mudchicken responded to my rather art-cheerleaderish sentiments promptly and thankfully AND offered to send me a copy of a new project, the publication Earth. He described it to me like this:


The aim of it is to document this shift that seems to be happening with our generation. Its centered around a series of interviews & first-hand accounts from people doing the good work out there -- artists, free-thinkers, hippies, back-to-the-landers, and so on…  

I just received it a couple days ago and I needed to share and encourage others to either download the pdf or order your own free copy. Beautifully laid out. Includes characters of interest, art of value, teepee building instructions, a book list I've already ordered from and overall a damn nice collection of thoughts and images. Dear Mudchicken, thank you. 
Earth quarterly

Earth quarterly

Earth quarterly

Earth quarterly

mudchicken art
Image from Mudchicken
 I like this work. Acrylic on Map. See more Mudchicken
mudchicken art
Image from wearefuckingawesome.org
WAFA stands for We Are F*ing Awesome - "a global artist collective dedicated to the support and development of emerging artists.... Our hope is to bring together a community of artists, united by collaboration, to inspire one another. To have the sense of family and community restored, where we can belong and continue to give value to what we believe in. To have an open dialogue about everything we experience, and the free exchange of ideas, knowledge and tools."

No comments: